Meeting with Strandbeest










Theo Jansen artist, creator of the kinetic sculptor known as the strandbeest. I first learned about his creations just per chance on YouTube:




I became enamored with the gracefully complex motion.



via GIPHY



I had the fortune to visit an exhibit on Jansen's work here in Chicago, it was a real treat. I was allowed to walk one of the beests myself!



A video posted by Scott Special 🇺🇸 (@scottspecial) on


This year my mother purchased me a model kit off of amazon this was a wind powered model with 12 legs. It took approximately 2 hours to build. Once one leg section was mastered it was easy to complete the creature.







 















A video posted by Scott Special 🇺🇸 (@scottspecial) on



Here area a few of my favorite videos that Tested & Adam Savage created on the subject, Please Enjoy! And if you are interested the kits are relatively inexpensive on Amazon










Comments

Popular Posts