Unbroken



Book Club meet last night and we discussed the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. At our last meeting we went around the table offering suggestions for the next book.

I had just recently seen a Tom Brokaw special on NBC covering the recent movie produced by Angelina Jolie of Louie Zamperini's story / Laura Hillenbrand's book. I still have yet to see the movie, but I do plan to. 

The interview and Louie's story was captivating. I recorded the special and watched it a second time with Kate.

When I recommended that the group reads Unbroken it is was approved unanimously. 

The life of LZ is inspiring, emotionally challenging, and at times unbelievable. His story shed light on that time in history for me and also what it was like to be in a war and return as a veteran. 

The story is an easy read, the writing kept me engaged throughout the story, but the content wasn't easy to read. The story is incredible because of how bad the situations were that needed to be overcome. Many times I'd have to take a break from the horrible experiences described.


We meet at Miku Sushi

It's a new'ish sushi restaurant on Lincoln Ave, and BYOB.


Dragon Roll - On Fire!

A really fun group!

Comments

Popular Posts