Dirk Pitt's Amazing Adventures

If you think characters like Indiana Jones and James Bond are exiting you will love what Clive Cussler has been writing for the past 40 years. 


I first learned of the series when my boy scout leader Helmut gave me a copy of Deep Six about 15 years ago!  The book turned me on to the exciting adventures of Dirk Pitt; I devoured it and was left hungry for more. 

Because of Clive's own background, he's able to paint a hyper-realistic picture of a modern day member of NUMA. A government agency based in oceanographic studies that somehow always finds itself fighting to keep the world's existence hanging in the balance. 

Dirk Pitt, the hero of the stories not only manages to stop the antagonist hell bent on committing the next atrocity against humanity but also lands the damsel in distress while doing so.

Every book that I've read thus far has had a surprising twist that kept me guessing. There are now 23 books in the series and Kate and I own 22 of them! 


So if you're looking to be on the edge of your seat with girls, guns, grit, and gasoline this is the series for you!


Here's a picture of some of the collection, checklist on the right so we can keep track.

Comments

Popular Posts